Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Get the Look: Mermaid

I have been fascinated by mermaids for as long as I can remember, so it isn't really a surprise that I've embraced the look of beachy hair, flowy clothing, and light ocean blues and greens.
Some mermaid-spiration for you:


Beachy waves are a necessity for any mermaid look. If your hair is already wavy you can just wake up and spray it with a salt and water mixture. Some of us aren't so fortunate. Here are two youtube tutorials I've found helpful for creating perfect beach hair: curling wand and heatless. For a little something extra, add some well-placed mini braids throughout your hair. Don't be afraid to pull them out a bit and make them messy!



Check out the colors used on these two Alberta Ferretti beauties. Seafoam green and a light blue, almost periwinkle. Think sheer, flowy fabrics and sequins.

As far as makeup goes, natural is key! Use a tinted moisturizer or BB cream (I use this) and keep your eye makeup simple. Skip the lipstick and go for a clear gloss or balm. Add some bronzer to your cheeks for a sun kissed complexion and you're good to go!

For an easy read by the pool, pick up a copy of Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown. It's a twist on the typical mermaid tale and I flew threw it last summer. I still find myself thinking about it. Give me all the killer mermaid stories.

Leave me a comment if you have any mermaid-related book/film recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment